miércoles, 8 de mayo de 2013

Restoring the Inner man

 
Psalm 19 v- 8-15

The Torah (teaching) of Adonai (God) is perfect, restoring the inner person.

The instruction of Adonai is sure, making wise the thoughtless.

The precepts of Adonai are right, rejoicing the heart.

The mitzvah (command/guidance) of Adonai is pure, enlightening the eyes.

The fear of Adonai is clean enduring forever.

The rulings of Adonai are true, they are righteous altogether, more desirable than gold, then much find gold, also sweeter than honey, or drippings from the honeycomb.

Through them you servant is warned, in obeying them there is great reward.

Who can discern unintentional sin?

Cleanse me from hidden faults.

Also keep your servant from presumptuous sins, so that they won’t control me.

Then I will be blameless and free of great offence.

May the words of my mouth and thoughts of my heart be acceptable in your presence Adonai, my Rock and Redeemer.

When we look at this amazing psalm of David and realise that we too can be guided to live according to God’s ways and teachings. Considering all the great works that God has done in creating this amazing planet and all that variety of life herein. For me the joy of waking up each morning to hearing the sounds of the birds and as I live in Southern Spain the weather is wonderful first thing in the morning before the heat comes. The blue skies, and the sound of the sea in the background, looking across to the mountains that surround my home – each day I wake up with a sense of wonder and gratefulness at the gift of life that God has given to us.

There are some books I would like to share with you which I have found really useful in my bible studies over the years. In particular since God has laid it on my heart to return to the beginning and see just how Yeshua/Jesus and the disciples lived and what principles they lived by. I soon discovered that they were living by the 10 Commandments of God and I was hungry to find out how they would apply to my life to day. Doing the research and prayerfully mindful of the Word of God being potent to change peoples lives I endeavoured to follow the line of wanting to learn Gods precepts and statutes, and decrees which has led me back to the Scriptures, the books of Moses and the prophets and seeing just how important Gods Words were to give people life more abundantly.

I saw within the pages of the Bible that when people choose to Follow God’s precepts, commands and lessons that their lives, livelihoods, health and wealth were all interconnected with the obedience to following Gods teachings, (Torah).

I also discovered through reading Restoration Returning the Torah of God to the Disciples of Jesus that there was much we could learn about the Word of God and how it applies to us today. I would highly recommend you buy this for you and your friends as it is a great valuable gift of resource – help you see the New Testament in a new light.

I hope that you find it interesting.




 


Bookmark and Share
Complete Jewish Bible-OE

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario