sábado, 19 de enero de 2013

Isaiah - social statement for today

Today, I finished reading the both the book of Kings and noted just how much was destroyed by the following kings after Solomon, no wonder it has been hard to piece together some details in archaeology when the very items that Solomon had had created designed and made for the House of God in Jerusalem was ransacked and taken off by various foreign invading kings, also the kings that were in power in Israel and Judah also sold off a lot of the property belonging to the house of God to help themselves ransom their lives from invading armies - which has been ordained by God to teach them a lesson to bring them back to their senses.  To recognise that God is the God of Israel and all Mankind. We see from their history in the scriptures that while the kings were doing evil from Gods perspective everything went wrong for the people of the land, they suffered tumours, skin diseases, mental health issues, - this sounds very much like todays society.

When I commenced reading Isaiah - I was deeply moved by Isaiah's first vision and how God spoke to the people through Isaiah.

This is the vision of Isaiah the son of Amotz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem during the days of 'Uzihahu, Yotam,, Achaz and Y'chizkiyahu - kings of Judah.

"Hear, Heaven! Listen, earth!

"I raised and brought up children but they rebelled against me.
An ox knows its owner and a donkey its mater's stall, but Israel does not know my people do not reflect.

"Oh, sinful nation, a people weighed down by iniquity, descendants  of evil doers, immoral children!
They have abandoned Adonai (God), spurned the Holy One of Israel, turned their backs on him!

"Where should I strike you next, as you persist in rebelling?
The whole head is sick, the whole heart diseased.
From the sole of the foot to the head there is nothing healthy, only wounds, bruises and festering sores that haven't been dressed or bandaged or softened up with oil.

"Your land is desolate, your cities are burned to the ground; foreigners devour your land in your presence, it's a desolate as if overwhelmed by floods.
 The daughter of Tziyon is left like a shack in a vineyard, like a shed in a cucumber field, like a city under siege.

If Adonai-Tzva'ot had not left us a  tiny tiny remnant, we would have become like Sodom. we would have resembled Gomorrah.
Hear what Adonai (God) says, you rulers of Sodom.
Listen to God's Torah you people of Gomorrah

"Why are all those sacrifices offered to me?" asks Adonai (God)
"I'm fed up with burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fattened animals!
I get no pleasure from the blood of bulls, lambs and goats!
Yes, you come to appear in my presence but who asked you to do this, to trample through my courtyards?
Stop bringing worthless grain offering!"
They are like disgusting incense to me!
Rosh-Hodesh, Shabbat, calling convocations - I can't stand the evil together with your assemblies!
Everything in me hates your Rosh-hodesh and your festivals, they are a burden to me -
I am tired of putting up with them!

"When you spread out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you, no matter how much you pray
I won't be listening because your hands are covered with blood.

"Wash yourselves clean!
Get your evil deeds out of my sight!
Stop doing evil, learn to do good.
Seek justice, relieve the oppressed, defend orphans, plead for the widow.

"Come now" says Adonai (God)
"let's talk this over together.
Even if your sins are like scarlet, they will be white as snow;
even if they are red as crimson they will be like wool.
If you will eat the good of the land but if you refuse and rebel
you will be eaten by the sword".
for the mouth of Adonai has spoken

When we look at our lives and wonder why they are not being blessed why, every time we seem to turn around things do not seem to be going the "right way" for us.  If we insist of resisting Gods ways and His teaching and fail to keep his commandments and learn to love one another and learn to live in harmony and forgiveness, we know that unless we start with ourselves how else can it be changed.

For me, each day I sit and read the scriptures and look and ask God to teach me what HE wants to me to understand how to help my fellow human beings - we are all the same - unless of course you consider yourself not from planet earth, have some other ideas, God created us all equal under the sun, no race is greater or lesser than the other, we all have the same God who gave us the same skills and talents it is how we choose to use them that matters.

We see the battles going on in diverse places just as the Scriptures says, Yeshua reassured us that the poor would always be with us, famines, pestilence, diseases, floods, droughts, chronic illnesses, tumours, people hearts failing them because of fear, these are just some of the items that God warned Israel about in Deuteronomy when they were given the choice to follow God and his ways and follow their own which would lead to destruction and separation from God and each other.

We can see the results very clearly today.

For me, reading the scriptures gives me a great deal of peace and joy and I know that my redeemer lives and that Yeshua will return and His Kingdom shall be established and we shall all bow down and confess that He is indeed King and Lord over all.

It is such a shame that mankind just does not seem to be aware of the real issues at hand, we could have a great planet to live on in peace and harmony if we all stopped trying to kill one another.

Jesus/Yeshua taught us to love our enemy, pray for them, not keep attacking people.
When are really going to take what Jesus said seriously and look at the way we treat our fellow man.

Each day when I go up on the top of the hills where I live in Estepona and marvel and amazing place we live in the incredible beauty that surrounds us, and even the birds and bees buzzing around all live in harmony with each other.  I really get a genuine sense of peace and praise God for the blessings he has bestowed upon my life.

I thank God that out of tragedy also comes joy and peace.
So that God for the blessings you have in your life, remember your neighbour, love your neighbour as yourself, then perhaps we can start to see some real changes in the way people treat one another, and in time hopefully, as the time draws closer to the coming of the King we will be ready to become true citizens of His Kingdom.

Thank you for spending time with me today.
Have a great weekend.

I use the Complete Jewish Bible for my studies, I find it really lovely and gives a great sense of oneness with God.



One Law for All: From the Mosaic Texts to the Work of the Holy Spirit

The New Testament Validates Torah: Does the New Testament Really Do Away With the Law?

Complete Jewish Bible-OE


Bookmark and Share

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario